Back in the first week of the year, I posted a few resolutions. I stated that they were tentative. I knew I was bad about keeping track of things like that. I became involved in this Healthy Goals thingy with my friends and forgot all about the resolutions I had planned to have this year! So, I looked them up. I had forgotten completely that couple of them existed! Here they are:
1. Eat less sweets and junk food.
2. Eat out only twice per month.
3. Make at least 2 A’s per semester this year.
4. Keep downstairs clean enough for comfortable company.
5. Clean out my own room. OMG it is a disaster in there!
So, how am I doing? So-so. Some good, some bad. Over-all, I think I feel pretty decent about it. I still have plenty of time to work on the ones I haven’t been keeping.
1. I am totally eating less sweets and junk food. This one ties in nicely with the Healthy Goals.
2. We are doing pretty good on this one too! My kid’s complain about how seldom we eat out now.
3. Hmm. Science and Latin are both kicking my butt. I will be LUCKY to get B’s in those two classes. And I am solidly making a B in Health right now too. I am thinking I am not gonna make it to two A’s this spring. But I am not giving up. I can study more. I can work harder. I know I can. I just have to stop being lazy about it.
4. This one is not too bad. If someone dropped in unexpectedly, I would not be thrilled. But if I had 15 minutes notice, I could get it straightened up. I need to work on our clutter zones. We have a couple tables and a countertop that collect crap regularly. And I really need to shelve some books.
5. I haven’t cleaned my room much at all. It is a complete mess in there. Even I don’t want to be in there and see how bad it is. I have to think of a minor plan, something simple and easy and non-stressful, to get that accomplished. But this is the only one that I have completely wiffed on.
There you have it. I would give myself a solid 75% accomplished on these resolutions. I need to remember to trot these out every couple months and look at how I am doing with them. I would like to be one of those people who makes resolutions and sticks to them. I want to be a new and better me. A me that has a less cluttered house, a really good GPA, and weighs less and has more muscle. I can do these things. I just have to keep them more to the forefront of my mind. When I get caught up in other stuff, I forget what I wanted to do. If I can remember that I have goals besides the healthy ones, then I can work on them too!